1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Well I’ve just gotten back into knitting after a two year hiatus, and I have fallen in love with sock yarn, superwash notably and anything
sportweight superwash. I love Wollmeise yarn and etsy hand-dyed yarn.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A ratty plastic bag with all my yarn stash and a cleaned out olive tin
on my desk for double pointeds.
3. How long have you been knitting and how did you learn? Would you
consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting since I was about 8 I believe, I learned from my
mom with a really crazy purple and yellow garter stitch monstrosity.
Shortly after that I fell in love with knitting pattern books and made
an intarsia bumble bee (pictured above, I must have been about 10 when I made it) and then I forgot for a long while. Much later I got on a scarf kick with really huge needles and
luscious mohair from La Droguerie in Paris, I made a ton and gave them away. Now I guess I’m a beginner that likes to tackle tough projects.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an Amazon list that is up to date.
5. What’s your favorite scent?
Max Mara perfume.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, but I can’t eat milk products even in trace amounts nor gelatin so
I tend to make my own desserts.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do
you like to do? Do you
I am building my own bed frame from scratch, so woodworking. I sew with
my refurbished vintage Singer featherweight 222K, and I make hardware
circuits and hardware embedded in clothing. I don’t spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s?
(if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
My music tastes are fairly varied, I love wazee.org‘s stuff, indie rock
and indie pop and punk. Yes I can play CD’s, mp3s, ogg, anything you throw my
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
I am in my blue period right now and I love black. Teal blue, green, purple, grey and black are always safe bets. I’m not a big fan of
light pink or pastels or yellow by itself or red by itself. That being said, I like something that
packs a punch or has some great contrast.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my significant other and we don’t have any pets.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear all of those except ponchos.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
For the moment, socks and scarves. I would love to get a sweater under
my belt this year.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Baudelaire socks in superwash fingering black, and a secret item in orange not for myself.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I just started using aluminum double pointeds a few months ago along
with addi turbo circulars, before that I just used the straights that I
got passed down from my mom + grandmother.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Nope but I’m planning on getting both.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
A few weeks old.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Vintage electronics, cheap hackable toys with audio, gadgets.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get
your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don’t have any knitting books besides one: the hardback of Vogue Knitting
and I do not have any subscriptions. I am hankering after some of the designer
books coming out this year: Runway Knits, Twinkle’s Big City Knits, etc.
I love following the ready to wear fashion shows and the couture ones too.
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
Oh yes, stranded color knitting for an overly ambitious sock project is
next and I’ve started learning lace work pattern reading.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes I am a newly-addicted-to-sock-knitting fiend. My left foot is a US
women’s 8.5, my right foot is almost a 9.
23. When is your birthday?